Thursday 23 September 2010

Stuff I've Done in London so Far

Since I did make this blog a week after arriving in London, I obviously have a bit of a backlog of interesting activities to report on.  In the past week, I attended Butler University orientation and University of Westminster orientation; I went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum; and yesterday, I went to Buckingham Palace, the Royal Mews (read - stables), and the Queen's Gallery.  Here's a picture of me and the ever lovely wax Julia Roberts.


Anyway, I'm leaving in half an hour for a boat party on the Thames that UW is throwing for us international students.  It's bullshit because you can't bring drinks on the boat, and if you want to drink, you have to buy them there at the bar.  It'll still be picturesque, though, I'm sure; I'll post a particularly nice picture from the event on the blog.  I slept late today, but if I had woken up earlier, I would have experienced my first English rain; as it is, I guess I'll just have to wait.  Tomorrow, I'm going to ride one of those famous double decker buses around London, but I really want to make sure I get one with an open top - those are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment