Wednesday 22 September 2010

My First Post

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  My name is Nolan, and I am a writer, a poet, a traveler, a student, a cinephile, an anglophile, and a dreamer.  I am twenty years old, and I am currently in my third year of college.  I attend Davidson College, but I am taking a semester abroad in London at the moment.  In fact, it was my friends' creation of blogs documenting their study abroad experiences that prompted me to consider creating a blog of my own.

As I am studying abroad, I will use this blog to record the things I'll do, the places I'll go, and the people I'll meet over the course of the next three months, but this is not a "study abroad blog."  This is just me.  I'll write about whatever interesting things I do or whatever's on my mind.  It's very probable that poems I write will show up here in the blogosphere before I publish them, so look for those.

All in all, I would just like to thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say; it's the greatest gift you can give a writer like me.  I'll post again tomorrow regarding my activities in London so far, so until then, as the English say, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment